none
Windows 8.1, Windows 10 file transfer progress window is hidden RRS feed

• Question

• Over the past year I have lost many files that I thought were copied to my backup hard drives because of Microsoft's programming oversight(s), or a lack of oversight.  

Example:  Using File Manger to locate and transfer files from one folder to another I have, many times, thought all files were backed up from one folder to another or another hard drive or device only to later discover a small folder hidden in the auto hide task bar. When I click the folder a popup file transfer window suddenly appears from behind other open windows asking if I want to overwrite or skip a certain files.  Well, by that time I've already thought the files had ALL transferred, especially since NO popup warning was visible.  So my question is; why in the world would Microsoft have popup windows displayed behind other windows instead of simply making the index order so the warning/popup would appear on top of all windows? 

FIX THIS ISSUE, YOU ARE COSTING US MEMORIES, IMPORTANT FILES ETC!

Also, make the verification code legible for humans!  All you need is an image, not one that no one can recognize!  Da!

Don't use zeros and 0 or I's and L's or upper and lowercase letters that look the same!  Like x X, wW, yY, or vV.  When any of these letters appear on their own, we/users/humans can't tell if they are upper or lowercase!

• Moved by Baron Bi Wednesday, October 19, 2016 6:50 AM not about c++
    Thursday, October 6, 2016 6:22 AM

All replies

• And what was the C++ development related part of your question...?

Guess you are totally offtopic here!

You may try https://answers.microsoft.com/

Best regards

Bordon

Note: Posted code pieces may not have a good programming style and may not perfect. It is also possible that they do not work in all situations. Code pieces are only indended to explain something particualar.

• Edited by Bordon Thursday, October 6, 2016 1:22 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Bordon Thursday, October 6, 2016 1:22 PM
    Thursday, October 6, 2016 1:22 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for posting here.

Since your issue is not related to C++ forum. I will move the thread to off-topic forum.

The Visual C++ forum discusses and ask questions about the Visual C++ IDE, libraries, samples, tools, setup, and Windows programming using MFC and ATL.

If you have some grammar or code errors, please feel free to contact us. We will try our best to give you a solution.

Best Regards,

Hart

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, October 7, 2016 7:20 AM