Key problems I think? RRS feed

• Question

• My computer is acting up on me.  I am currently using Windows XP.  When I type the word "the" I can get the th but the "e" opens up my explorer.  Did I hit a wrong combination of keys somewhere and caused this to happen?  I can not use my keyboard because of this. (I'm on a different computer submitting this because there is no way I could have written all of this on my computer without other windows opening up because of a key being hit.  Has anyone heard of this before and if you have do you know what I can do to fix it?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Thursday, January 18, 2007 5:49 AM

All replies

• Have you tried uninstalling keyboard driver rebooting and let windows detect it again
    Tuesday, January 23, 2007 11:16 AM
  • Somehow you've gotten a 'hotkey' set up so that hitting the E key is a shortcut to IE. I work in a school district and those little angels are always setting up hotkeys. In your case, if you haven't fixed it, the easiest solution is to do a system restore. Go to START, PROGRAMS, ACCESSORIES, SYSTEM TOOLS, SYSTEM RESTORE. Follow the prompts and sellect a date before the hotkey problem started. That should fix it for you.
    Thursday, January 25, 2007 2:01 AM