Invalid product key on factory sealed Office 2007 Pro RRS feed

• Question

• I purchased a factory sealed full version of Office Pro 2007, entered the product key, and got an error message that the product key is invalid. The SKU is 269-11094, and I can provide the COA if it would help. I confirmed that the seal was intact, and I have never had this problem before.

One other piece of info. The packaging lists my product as Professional. but during the install, the Setup app was telling me I was installing Professional Plus.

Any ideas?
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 2:45 PM

Answers

• Hello RI Geek,

It is all too common to purchase what you think is Office Professional 2007 retail only to discover that you purchased a counterfeit copy that is really Office Professional Plus 2007 volume licensing copy.

We get a lot of people that have been victiized this way, especially via internet purchases.

Run, don't walk, back to the seller and get your money back.  Please purchase Office products from a trusted local retailer, or a trusted online retailer. :-)
    For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, September 30, 2009 8:40 PM
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 2:52 PM