MSIX Help..... RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.  I have recompiled a windows 32bit app to 64bits in visual studio 2019.  I can't test the app because I need to install it and I can't use the 32bit installer the app was originally pkged in.  So I found Windows app pkging format (WSIX) and have been looking at using this to pkg, install, test, and publish once everything works.  But I have questions.  I don't know if this is the correct forum group to post but here goes:

1) Is there any MSIX training available from Microsoft of 3rd party on WSIX?

2) What is the proper forum group to post questions about WSIX?

3) Seems WSIX containerizes apps.  This app needs access to USB, network, and file system.  Does WSIX restrict this?  Anything special I have to do or does it just work (I'm hoping it's this :-)).

Thanks

-TuttiPazzi

Tuesday, April 14, 2020 4:44 AM

Answers

• Hello TuttiPazzi,

This forum is for "Discuss general issues about developing applications for Windows." It is Win32 C++ development focused.

For MSIX related issue you can ask a question at Microsoft Tech Community for MSIX for more professional support.

Best regards,

Rita

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 15, 2020 2:18 AM
  • Also try asking for help over here.

https://github.com/microsoft/msix-packaging/issues

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, April 15, 2020 2:41 AM

All replies

• Hello TuttiPazzi,

This forum is for "Discuss general issues about developing applications for Windows." It is Win32 C++ development focused.

For MSIX related issue you can ask a question at Microsoft Tech Community for MSIX for more professional support.

Best regards,

Rita

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 15, 2020 2:18 AM
  • Also try asking for help over here.

https://github.com/microsoft/msix-packaging/issues

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, April 15, 2020 2:41 AM