Export Sub Report issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

When I export reports in an excel file. subreports doesn't export datas.

Did you guys got the same issue?

Thanks a lot,

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 9:51 AM

Answers

• So, I took the "Quote" report that comes out-of-the-box with CRM, which has a subreport within it, and ran it against a Quote record, and then exported it to Excel.  In comparing the two results, I see no difference (except for some formatting, which is to be expected).  Can you export the report in different formats with the subreport intact?  To be honest, I don't know if this is a CRM issue as much as it would be an SSRS issue--so you may receive more helpful insights by inquiring of an SSRS community.  However, if you wish to continue the discussion here, then please provide additional details regarding the reports and sub-reports, including (but not limited to):

• How the report was created (through Report Wizard, or Visual Studio)?
    • The entity targetted?
    • The containers (rectangle, list, etc.) of the Subreport control?
    • Parameters required by the sub-report, and the values pass to them by the parent?

Also, I know that pages in an SSRS report can be spread over several worksheets of an Excel export; have you made certain to check other sheets (usually the tabs at the bottom of the Excel window) for the data you're expecting to see?

Dave Berry - MVP Dynamics CRM - http:\\crmentropy.blogspot.com Please follow the forum guidelines when inquiring of the dedicated CRM community for assistance.
    Tuesday, January 4, 2011 9:09 PM

All replies

• Do you guys use subreport ? don't you have issue to export it ?

thanks a lot

Tuesday, January 4, 2011 2:39 PM
  • So, I took the "Quote" report that comes out-of-the-box with CRM, which has a subreport within it, and ran it against a Quote record, and then exported it to Excel.  In comparing the two results, I see no difference (except for some formatting, which is to be expected).  Can you export the report in different formats with the subreport intact?  To be honest, I don't know if this is a CRM issue as much as it would be an SSRS issue--so you may receive more helpful insights by inquiring of an SSRS community.  However, if you wish to continue the discussion here, then please provide additional details regarding the reports and sub-reports, including (but not limited to):

• How the report was created (through Report Wizard, or Visual Studio)?
    • The entity targetted?
    • The containers (rectangle, list, etc.) of the Subreport control?
    • Parameters required by the sub-report, and the values pass to them by the parent?

Also, I know that pages in an SSRS report can be spread over several worksheets of an Excel export; have you made certain to check other sheets (usually the tabs at the bottom of the Excel window) for the data you're expecting to see?

Dave Berry - MVP Dynamics CRM - http:\\crmentropy.blogspot.com Please follow the forum guidelines when inquiring of the dedicated CRM community for assistance.
    Tuesday, January 4, 2011 9:09 PM