none
[UWP][C#] Check availability of file on OneDrive RRS feed

• Question

• when i am trying to retrieve files from "onedrive" location & if the file is marked as "Available when online" then the property StorageFile.IsAvailable is returning 'true' which is completely fine, but when i close the "onedrive" client from my tray icon & try to retrieve the same files i am getting StorageFile.IsAvailable as 'true' (which is odd) & the error is -> "System.IO.IOException: the cloud file provider is not running"  , how can i detect if the onedrive client is running (or) how to bypass the files which are marked as "Available when online" ?
    Monday, April 16, 2018 2:20 PM

All replies

• Hi kranthi88,

Generally, there will be a small status in the file explorer to show if the file is locally available or available when online.

I suggest that you could ask questions about onedrive in Stack Overflow using tag “OneDrive”. The OneDrive Team will be actively engaging with members of the Stack Overflow community and answering questions posted there.

You could read this thread for more information: OneDrive Developer Forum Relocated to Stack Overflow

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 6:14 AM
  • Hi Roy!

but this question is very much related to UWP app development & really appreciate some one who can provide guidance, i already explained about the "status in explorer" - "Available when online"

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 7:42 AM
  • it really shows the "developer support" at it's worse from M.S, only god knows why would you make some ugly half implemented features which are of no use to developers, this is the same reason windows phone dead & UWP follows it soon!!! 
    Tuesday, May 8, 2018 12:59 PM