Could Microsoft Translator add Yoruba translation? RRS feed

• Question

• It would be very useful and benefit family and I if they did. Or I can just use google translate
    Wednesday, March 25, 2015 11:39 PM

Answers

• Hi Nate,

We add languages, like the 5 ones we just recently added, based on data access. Either we can manage to source enough parallel (translated content) data to create our new models (such as what we did with Bosnian, Croatian and Serbian last week), or communities organize, use our free Translator Hub tool and add, with our help in the backend, support for a new language by sourcing this data.

If you are part of such a community we would be happy to help you drive bringing Yoruba to Microsoft Translator.

Olivier

Microsoft Translator team - www.microsoft.com/Translator

Friday, March 27, 2015 12:38 AM

All replies

• Hi Nate,

We add languages, like the 5 ones we just recently added, based on data access. Either we can manage to source enough parallel (translated content) data to create our new models (such as what we did with Bosnian, Croatian and Serbian last week), or communities organize, use our free Translator Hub tool and add, with our help in the backend, support for a new language by sourcing this data.

If you are part of such a community we would be happy to help you drive bringing Yoruba to Microsoft Translator.

Olivier

Microsoft Translator team - www.microsoft.com/Translator

Friday, March 27, 2015 12:38 AM
  • Thanks Olivier for replying!

May you please tell me how I may use the translator hub tool?

Sunday, November 1, 2015 3:58 AM
  • Hi Nate,

please visit http://hub.microsofttranslator.com, and choose "Build a translation system".

There is a link to help at the bottom of the page, with extensive explanation of how to use the Hub.

Let us know if this helps,
    Chris Wendt
    Microsoft Translator

Monday, November 2, 2015 1:14 PM