Integration between communication server 2007 and exchange Server 2003 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am a newbie to communication server and I am going to develop an asp.net social networking Intranet application integrated with communication server 2007 through communication server 2007 API. Also exchange 2003 calendar is also the feature I want to put into the application.

The issue I had is that I am not sure what the best way to incorporate exchange 2003 calendar into asp.net application

1. Integrate exchange Calendar through communication server 2007
    2. Or Integrate exchange calendar directly with asp.net web application if it supported.

Could anyone tell know if it is feasible to Integrate exchange Calendar through communication server 2007 with asp.net application.

Thanks

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 2:27 AM

All replies

• Communicator does not access Exchange calendar through the Communication Server

It accesses Exchange directly

So you need to use the Exchange 2003 APIs to access calendaring information

You can find the Exchange 2003 SDK here

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms986138(EXCHG.65).aspx

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 9:00 PM
  • Thanks for the reply, I will use this API to work with the exchange server. But I still have couple of questions as following:

·         Communication server can show the presence of users, does if come from exchange calendar.

·         How does the exchanges sever 2003 work with Communication server, or are there web recourses I can gain information from.

Thanks

Thursday, July 31, 2008 4:43 AM
  • Communicator shows presence for users on Communication Server

The server keeps track of the presence that the communicator dictates to the server

the Communicator client uses the Exchange calendar to update presence information on the server (ie In a Meeting when the user has a meeting in the calendar) Communicator does that not the server!

Exchange is not required, OCS can work without Exchange, Exchange just gives extra presence information from calendar and out of office information.  Without Exchange just plain communicator presence is shown

The communicator polls the calendar (MAPI in Exchange 2003 and Exchange webservices in Exchange 2007)

Thursday, July 31, 2008 10:56 AM