none
Innovative project rejected.. Quite amusing actually.. RRS feed

• Question

• Hah,

Just got a mail from msapp sayin that my project was not innovative enough.. Its quite wierd actually since as per my research (and Google of course), the software we are building has not been made as yet.. It also involves the implementation of a GPRS stack which we are building from the technical documents of the authors..

So, now Im wondering if the Microsoft guys had actually understood the project or maybe they hadn't since it involves a bit of hardware interfacing... :)

Better luck next time I guess....

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 10:51 AM

Answers

• Yep.. Thats what I suspect...

But Im dissapointed becoz they sent me an email saying that my project was not innovative enough... I guess they use standard mail templates.. lol..

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 2:34 PM
  • The reason the format of MSAPP was changed from last year to the present one is that it's not easy for MS to evaluate different kind of projects on the same scale. It's not possible to find an expert of each and every field. Anyhow, all projects were to be evaluated based on the abstracts submitted, and you might not have mentioned all the details in your abstract.

-Hitesh

MSP Lead

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 2:50 PM

All replies

• They might be looking for something more on software rather than the project which requires Hardware interfacing!
    Wednesday, March 21, 2007 1:18 PM
  • Yep.. Thats what I suspect...

But Im dissapointed becoz they sent me an email saying that my project was not innovative enough... I guess they use standard mail templates.. lol..

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 2:34 PM
  • The reason the format of MSAPP was changed from last year to the present one is that it's not easy for MS to evaluate different kind of projects on the same scale. It's not possible to find an expert of each and every field. Anyhow, all projects were to be evaluated based on the abstracts submitted, and you might not have mentioned all the details in your abstract.

-Hitesh

MSP Lead

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 2:50 PM
  • i think there is lot of reg. so that i think even my project  also rejected  the template mail come to me also and they said every project will be approved and they failed keep up there words
    Friday, March 30, 2007 2:44 PM