none
I feel like this belongs in Forums Issues but that's (not product support) RRS feed

• Question

• I'd like to know how to remove threads from the "My Threads" view on MSDN forums. 

Just as an example case, in a recent thread the OP is quite obstinate.  He refuses to even try the fixes several people including me have suggested, claiming that it won't work for "Restricted Users" which as far as I know isn't even a thing.  There have always been "Standard Users" which went through several names, sure, currently "Local Users" in Win8/10.  When I asked exactly what restrictive permission set his "Restricted Users" are on he confirms that he just means Standard Users, but then insists that it was called "Restricted" under WinXP or 7 (which I also know is horseshit).  Maybe Guests ever had a subtitle of Restricted.

In his last post, this guy says he's going with some webbrowser I've straight up never even heard of and I imagine in days or a week he'll either give himself the answer credit or some forum mod will just because that's the post where the OP says "this is what works for me."

I tried deleting all my replies to that thread, but it still shows up under "My Threads."  I would like to be able to just remove this kind of trash content that I accidentally step in.  It sucks tracking around with it on my shoe.

• Edited by Andrew B. Painter Tuesday, February 25, 2020 4:04 AM I found out I was wrong about the OP referenced here. He did try stuff. Windows is just so horrifically screwed right now that it boggles the mind.
    Sunday, February 23, 2020 7:03 AM

Answers

• As far as I know it does not work that way. My threads view still tracks threads you have replied to even though the posts were deleted. This is the correct forum to suggest this but also know that MSDN / TechNet forums will close soon and migrate over to QnA

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/teamblog/msdn-technet-migration

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Sunday, February 23, 2020 1:48 PM
  • Unfortunately the My Threads view is hard coded where there's no method for end user modifications.

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Sunday, February 23, 2020 5:25 PM

All replies

• As far as I know it does not work that way. My threads view still tracks threads you have replied to even though the posts were deleted. This is the correct forum to suggest this but also know that MSDN / TechNet forums will close soon and migrate over to QnA

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/teamblog/msdn-technet-migration

Sunday, February 23, 2020 1:48 PM
  • Unfortunately the My Threads view is hard coded where there's no method for end user modifications.

Sunday, February 23, 2020 5:25 PM
  • Thanks for clearing up the "whether-can-do."  Hopefully this will be a feature in the future.
    Sunday, February 23, 2020 6:09 PM