Best coding language to make win8/rt apps with. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, whats the best coding language to make win8/rt  apps with.
    I don't have any knowledge about these langs in VS, the langs i know are php, html and css.

Any close to php wold be great if its worth to learn.
    So what do you think is the best?

Thanks!

Sunday, April 14, 2013 6:03 PM

Answers

• Hi,

you have the choice between VB, C#, and C++ in combination with XAML (or DirectX). Beside them you can choose JS and HTML. I think the last one is the best fit for you. Just a remark: You've posted in the 'Training and Certification' forum. For better help and support you should ask your question in the appropriate Windows 8 developer forum.

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

@Horizon_Net | Blog

Sunday, April 14, 2013 7:06 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

you have the choice between VB, C#, and C++ in combination with XAML (or DirectX). Beside them you can choose JS and HTML. I think the last one is the best fit for you. Just a remark: You've posted in the 'Training and Certification' forum. For better help and support you should ask your question in the appropriate Windows 8 developer forum.

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

@Horizon_Net | Blog

Sunday, April 14, 2013 7:06 PM
    Answerer
  • Oh sorry, im new here.
    Didn't notice i posted in the wrong section.

But thank you for your answer, i will give it a try.

Sunday, April 14, 2013 8:25 PM
  • I agree,

Because you have some experience with HTML, you will probably do really well with this. Visual Studio 2012 has great support and tools for developing Windows 8 apps.

There is a certification track for developing Windows store apps with HTML: three exams, 70-480, 70-481 and 70-482.

Mike Corkery, MCT, MVP (Office Systems), MCSD (Windows Store Apps), MCITP, MCPD, MSF, etc. Please do not forget to click “Vote as Helpful” if any post helps you and "Mark as Answer”if it solves the issue.

Sunday, April 14, 2013 9:01 PM