CRM 2013 - Conflicts between "workflows or plug-ins bundled in a managed solution" and "existing plug-ins and workflows" RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

I've a requirement wherein I need to create a lead record to another application (separate from CRM) when it gets qualified in Dynamics CRM. Note, this solution needs to be packaged as a managed solution and deployed as ISV product to all customers' CRM instances. There are two ways, that I'm thinking, 1) Write a synchronous plug-in in CRM on qualification... of lead. This plug-in will refer the API of a separate application and insert the record to that application. With this approach, there are the chances that this plug-in might conflict with any other existing plug-ins. 2) Write a synchronous workflow which will be run when lead gets qualified and insert a new record in one of the custom entity. This custom entity will also be bundled in a same solution. And then write a plugin on creation of this custom entity which will insert the lead record to a separate application. Little bit odd but seems less conflicting. Can anybody advise what is the safest approach to work out on above requirement? I would like to make a solution in such a way that it won't or become less conflicting with the existing plug-ins or workflows?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, <b>Ankit Shah</b> <hr> Inkey Solutions, India. <hr> Microsoft Certified Business Management Solutions Professionals <hr> http://ankit.inkeysolutions.com

Tuesday, December 9, 2014 3:21 PM