You must update your version of Communicator Mobile... RRS feed

• Question

•  

I use OSC 2007 RC (RTCsrv.exe = v3.0.6340.0) and Communicator Mobile 2.0.325.0. When I connect to OCS server I get error message and can't login:

You must update your version of Communicator Mobile before you can sign in. Contact your system administrator to get the correct version.

What can I do, to get a connection?

Best Regards,

Joerg

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 8:40 AM

Answers

• What you could do to test this is change the Client version filter settings in the Application properties page on the OCS pool level.

Thursday, August 9, 2007 12:10 PM

All replies

• Where you have got the Communicator Mobile 2.0...? We have bought OCS 2007 and I would like to test this client (because the "old" Communicator Mobile simply does not work). Could you provide a download link for me...?

Thanks a lot...

Tuesday, August 7, 2007 12:18 PM
  • What you could do to test this is change the Client version filter settings in the Application properties page on the OCS pool level.

Thursday, August 9, 2007 12:10 PM
  •  

Dones anyone have the exact settings used in the OCS 2007 version filter?  I have tried everything to get my OCS client connected without success.  According to the server logs, the client logs into the server and authenticates but it still comes back with the same error every time "Must update client ..."

I'm at a loss.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 8:53 PM
  • This works for me

Step 1. Open Your Standard of Enterprise Pool
    Step 2. Open your Client Version Filter (Option in your pool configuration.
    Step 3. Change the CPE value to 2.0.387.* >= Allow
    Step 4. Stop all started services
    Step 5. Start all stopped services
    Step 6. Connect to your Access Edge Server search your ClientVersionFilterConfig.exe (location: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007)
    Step 7. Repeat step 3.
    Step 8. Stop all started services (on your Access Edge Server)
    Step 9. Start all stopped services ((on your Access Edge Server)
    Step 10. Reconnect again and it works! Succes!

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 10:30 PM
  • Small correction to the previous post... might be due to updates, but on my configuration manually starting the ClientVersionFilterConfig.exe does nothing.

You can configure the Access Edge filter by right clicking the Computer Management => Office Communications Server 2007 and choose the Application Properties => Client Version Filter.

Br,

Kalle

Thursday, June 26, 2008 9:38 PM