Do you know ballpark cost information to obtain certain Competencies in the pursuit of becoming a Gold Partner? RRS feed

• Question

• I have been asked to compile a "What does it take" document to obtain and maintain a Microsoft Gold Partnership for certain competencies.  I have a Word doc that is missing total cost information.  A cut/paste from my document for the Systems Management competency is show below to show you what I am putting together for the President.  The Cost section needs help for ALL 10 Competencies I have to get information for (the 10 are: Application Integration, Application Lifecycle Management, Desktop, Hosting, Identity and Security, Project and Portfolio Management, Server Platform, Software Development, Systems Management, Web Development).  If anyone can provide me approx cost information for each of the 10 by test and/or with an overall number that would be AWESOME!  For example, "Dave (that's me), I have found in our pursuit of Gold for Competency XYZ that each exam was about $3000, the total was about $12,000.  I hope this helps." Answer person (that's you).  Thanks in advance. 

Competency:      Systems Management

Credential Requirements:          

Your organization must employ or contract with four unique MCPs who each hold one of these certifications:

• MCITP: Enterprise Administrator
    • MCITP: Server Administrator

Test Requirements:       

In addition, each of the qualifying people must pass two of these exams:

• Exam 70-400: TS: Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2007, Configuring
    • Exam 70-401: TS: Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007, Configuring
    • Exam 70-403: TS: Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008, Configuring
    • Exam 70-658 : TS: Microsoft System Center Data Protection Manager 2007, Configuring

Test Cost: 

Practice Exams from www.transcender.com include a Certification Exam Voucher are priced from $200-$300 for EACH test listed above.  Study Guides, if available, are $25 of that cost.

(The exam voucher may be applied toward one exam, delivered at Prometric.  Exam must be taken before the expiration date on the voucher.)

Customer Evidence Requirements:

You must submit five customer references that focus on the sales, implementation, and deployment of System Center Operations Manager, System Center Virtual Machine Manager, System Center Configuration Manager, System Center Data Protection Manager, or System Center Essentials. If a project involved a Solution Accelerator, include that information in the submission.

Each reference must feature a project that your organization has completed within the past 12 months and will be verified with your customer.

Thursday, February 17, 2011 4:19 PM

Answers

• This is difficult to answer as the cost of courses and/or certification varies greatly between countries. Furthermore, exam 70-403 is no longer available.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Thursday, March 15, 2012 9:34 PM

All replies

• Anybody have an idea about this?

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Thursday, March 15, 2012 4:15 PM
  • This is difficult to answer as the cost of courses and/or certification varies greatly between countries. Furthermore, exam 70-403 is no longer available.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Thursday, March 15, 2012 9:34 PM