none
Where to begin? RRS feed

• Question

• I am active in the military and recently started my transition out of the service.  I am building my skills in programming languages, and I came to the horrifying realization that I'm quite behind.  I know some basic C, C++, C#, JavaScript, and Python.  I'd like to expand into using DirectX with the aim of programming/ developing video game software.  My goal is to find at least one new article to read every day, and to become more active in the MSDN community so that I build a network of experienced colleagues.  I'm not sure what a good starting place would be, and I didn't see anything in the FAQ about recommending where to jump in.

My question is, where would you recommend I start looking to build a solid foundation to continue learning from?

It doesn't have to be on MSDN, and I'm not afraid of libraries.  Thank you in advance!

Wednesday, February 4, 2015 5:51 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Good to hear you are going to brush up your skills and are willing to take the time fo it. As you have noticed you have to speed up to keep up tha pace. So first things first. Have a look here:

http://www.microsoftvirtualacademy.com/

Find a course to start with. You can decide what best suits you and from there on dive into the more technical courses which you can also find there. MVA has a lot to offer which gives you the opportunity to challenge yourself into what you are after. For questions on certification and learning paths come back here and the community is here to help you further.

Good luck and get started :-) Let us know how you are getting along.

Maurice

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. Thank You

• Marked as answer by dpick28 Thursday, February 5, 2015 4:12 AM
    Wednesday, February 4, 2015 10:33 PM