none
RDC - Remote Desktop Connection on my OSX machine RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

Background: I'm working on OSX and using RDC to connect to a windows machine located in a secure room.  I'm a developer and I'm using the connection to test my website on IE.

The windows machine is using DHCP.

It would appear that I'm unable to connect to the windows machine using the machine name.  I'm being forced to set a fixed IP address on the windows machine and then configure this into my hosts file in order to make this work.

Q1: Is it possible to keep the DHCP and connect using the windows machine name?

Q2: Would it be a good idea for RDC to include a network browser tool to allow me to browse my network for connected machines in order to select one?  This might allow me to locate the DHCP machine and select it.  I was just thinking it might be nice to be able to browse for the machine I want to connect to, and I couldn't find that option in the RDC menus.  I know there are other tools for network browsing, it would just be nice to have that option in RDC.

Cheers
    Murray

• Moved by Bill_Stewart Monday, October 2, 2017 9:56 PM Off-topic
    Sunday, August 27, 2017 11:14 PM

All replies

• Wrong forum.  OSX is not supported here.  What is RDC? Do you mane RDS?

To use a machine name your system must support NetBIOS over TCP/IP or you must have a DNS set up correctly.  Post in an OSX forum for assistance.

\_(ツ)_/

Sunday, August 27, 2017 11:37 PM