build 7600 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there. My laptop recently had to go back to 'Pc World' where i bought it from because the keypad was defective.The laptop is only 7 months old. The laptop was then sent away and apparently the motherboard was replaced. It's a Packard Bell Easynote TJ65. I now have Build 7600 'Windows may not be genuine' permanatly on the screen. How can i get rid of this. I cannot reinstall windows 7 from the windows code on the sticker on the base of the computer. The code is very faint(unlike my old pc). I can make out all the numbers/letters with the exception of 2 of them. I have tried various combinations but no joy. PC world said i need to contact yourselves. Packard Bell said the same.
    Monday, January 31, 2011 5:47 PM

Answers

• Hello Michael,

Computers, which are built by large manufactures (such as Packard Bell) that come with Windows Pre-Installed, come with two (2) Product Keys:

A)    OEM SLP: This key comes pre-installed in Windows, when it comes from the Factory. This key is geared to work with the OEM Bios Flag found only on that Manufacturer's computer hardware. So when Windows was installed using the OEM SLP key (at the factory) Windows looks at the motherboard and sees the proper OEM Bios Flag (for that Manufacturer and that version of Windows) and Self-Activates. (that's why you did not need to Activate your computer after you brought it home)

B)     COA SLP: This is the Product key that you see on the sticker on the side (or bottom) of your computer. It is a valid product key, but should only be used in limited situations (sush as if the OEM SLP key stops self-activating for whatever reason). The key must be activated by Phone. (Note: All manufacturers that use the OEM SLP system are required by contract to include a Certificate of Authenticity (COA) sticker, that has a COA SLP key, on the computer)

Your Windows is, most likely, still using the Packard Bell OEM SLP key, but cannot see the special instructions in the computer’s motherboard and is unable to Self-Activate. This is , most likely, as result of the changed motherboard.  They most likely changed out the motherboard for one that doesn't have the proper Bios Flag that would allow the OEM SLP key to self-activate

To fix the issue, you will need to change out the OEM SLP key with the COA SLP key.  The normal way to do this is to click the ‘Start’ button, right-click ‘Computer’, select ‘Properties’ and then click ‘Change Product Key’ (located in the lower right-hand side of the window). Enter the COA SLP key and follow the instructions in the Change Product Key Wizard.

If you are unable to read the CoA Sticker's CoA SLP key then the only thing I can do is refer you to this support doc:

KB811224 "How to identify, locate, and replace a product keyhttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/811224

Sorry I couldn't be more help,

Darin MS
    Monday, January 31, 2011 9:35 PM

All replies

• Hello Michael,

Computers, which are built by large manufactures (such as Packard Bell) that come with Windows Pre-Installed, come with two (2) Product Keys:

A)    OEM SLP: This key comes pre-installed in Windows, when it comes from the Factory. This key is geared to work with the OEM Bios Flag found only on that Manufacturer's computer hardware. So when Windows was installed using the OEM SLP key (at the factory) Windows looks at the motherboard and sees the proper OEM Bios Flag (for that Manufacturer and that version of Windows) and Self-Activates. (that's why you did not need to Activate your computer after you brought it home)

B)     COA SLP: This is the Product key that you see on the sticker on the side (or bottom) of your computer. It is a valid product key, but should only be used in limited situations (sush as if the OEM SLP key stops self-activating for whatever reason). The key must be activated by Phone. (Note: All manufacturers that use the OEM SLP system are required by contract to include a Certificate of Authenticity (COA) sticker, that has a COA SLP key, on the computer)

Your Windows is, most likely, still using the Packard Bell OEM SLP key, but cannot see the special instructions in the computer’s motherboard and is unable to Self-Activate. This is , most likely, as result of the changed motherboard.  They most likely changed out the motherboard for one that doesn't have the proper Bios Flag that would allow the OEM SLP key to self-activate

To fix the issue, you will need to change out the OEM SLP key with the COA SLP key.  The normal way to do this is to click the ‘Start’ button, right-click ‘Computer’, select ‘Properties’ and then click ‘Change Product Key’ (located in the lower right-hand side of the window). Enter the COA SLP key and follow the instructions in the Change Product Key Wizard.

If you are unable to read the CoA Sticker's CoA SLP key then the only thing I can do is refer you to this support doc:

KB811224 "How to identify, locate, and replace a product keyhttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/811224

Sorry I couldn't be more help,

Darin MS
    Monday, January 31, 2011 9:35 PM
  • "michael wytiahlowsy" wrote in message news:12184c0a-565d-4b75-ba71-e8df8ed3e141...
    Hi there. My laptop recently had to go back to 'Pc World' where i bought it from because the keypad was defective.The laptop is only 7 months old. The laptop was then sent away and apparently the motherboard was replaced. It's a Packard Bell Easynote TJ65. I now have Build 7600 'Windows may not be genuine' permanatly on the screen. How can i get rid of this. I cannot reinstall windows 7 from the windows code on the sticker on the base of the computer. The code is very faint(unlike my old pc). I can make out all the numbers/letters with the exception of 2 of them. I have tried various combinations but no joy. PC world said i need to contact yourselves. Packard Bell said the same.

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Monday, January 31, 2011 9:59 PM