Help me get rid of this annoying pest RRS feed

• Question

• Hi
    I don't remember having this problem before updating Xamarin.
    I tried it before - not sure if it was vs2012 or vs2013, but I didn't experience it before.
    I'm simply trying to test an app on an android emulator, but Xamarin.Android would not allow me - requiring that I purchase a license.

Xamarin.Android for Visual Studio requires Business account or greater. Please log in with your Xamarin account to proceed.

Why should I have to buy a license just for testing purposes? I don't see any feature in the android launcher or options for removing this thing. Is there any way I can remove this annoying pest without restoring my system?

• Moved by Tina-Shi Thursday, January 29, 2015 11:00 AM the issue is not vs ide
    Monday, January 26, 2015 11:26 PM

Answers

• You need a business license or higher to use Xamarin with Visual Studio.  You most likely had started the 30 trial which is why it was working previously.

If you want to uninstall Xamarin you can do it from "Programs and Features" in the Control Panel.

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Thursday, February 19, 2015 6:27 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Friday, February 27, 2015 8:27 PM
    Thursday, February 19, 2015 7:18 AM

All replies

• Hi Jillinger,

>>Xamarin.Android for Visual Studio requires Business account or greater. Please log in with your Xamarin account to proceed.

From this error message, I doubt that this issue may be more related to the Xamarin. In addition, since the Xamarin is a third-party tool, we are not support it.

So I suggest you can ask this issue directly to the Xamarin forum: http://forums.xamarin.com/ , you will get better support.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 8:20 AM
  • Why is it running in my vs project? I'm a bit confused, but thanks.
    Wednesday, January 28, 2015 6:00 PM
  • You need a business license or higher to use Xamarin with Visual Studio.  You most likely had started the 30 trial which is why it was working previously.

If you want to uninstall Xamarin you can do it from "Programs and Features" in the Control Panel.

• Marked as answer by Just Karl Friday, February 27, 2015 8:27 PM
    Thursday, February 19, 2015 7:18 AM