Photo Online Bakup Price Revealed with Release (That's to Much) RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

I just wanted to say Another 50 bucks ? after paying 50 bucks for a Windows Live One Care subscription isn't that's a 100 bucks total if you sign up for photo bakup. isn't that a Bit Much ? Plus what I spend on my xbox live account Microsoft office Live that's just insane Windows Live one care.

The guys need to be slapped silly in my opinion that came up with that. Heck I can buy a 10 gig hard drive for that price.

Saturday, November 17, 2007 3:16 PM

All replies

• Will the hard drive be stored off site and provide some additional level of backup or SLA (Service Level Agreement)?

Typically this is what an online backup service provides, though I don't know the exact offering in this case so you'd need to read their service information to be certian what you're getting. This seems reasonable at just over $4/month if the capacity is a reasonable amount.

The cost for such a service will generally self adjust over time, so competition and technical changes (more GB for the buck) may change this over time, but there's a base cost for providing any service so I wouldn't expect to pay much less for something like this and see it stay in business.

OneCareBear

Saturday, November 17, 2007 6:46 PM