none
Automatic stock updates in MoneySunset RRS feed

• Question

• I recently converted to Money Sunset when I bought a new computer, but as of June 8 I have been unable to get updates of stock prices. I have over 100 stocks, so it's not practical to reenter prices manually.

How can I get automatic updates of stock and (less important) mutual fund prices?

Is there another program that will accept over a decade of Money data without my having to reenter everything by hand?

Thanks,

Lee's Bees
    Saturday, July 23, 2011 6:53 PM

All replies

• Pocketsense http://sites.google.com/site/pocketsense/home/msmoneyfixp1 is a Python scripts based freeware product that will automatically download transactions and stock prices.  Even simpler is the Java based freeware ofxquotes code.google.com/p/hle-ofx-quotes/ . After a very simple but tedious (you have to do a one-time entry of all the stock symbols) set up, just two clicks will update all your prices (but no more than once daily).

Quicken can convert your Money Plus files and will automatically download all transactions and prices like Money used to do.

Saturday, July 23, 2011 8:28 PM
  • Are you hoping to download transactions from your US broker too? Pocketsense is more likely to do that for you. Depending on your broker, quotes for your actual holdings may come in with the OFX file. PocketSense can also get quotes from Yahoo servers. http://sites.google.com/site/pocketsense/home/msmoneyfixp1/p2 can help.

hleOfxQuotes does quotes. If you are looking for UK quotes, or quotes with more than one currency involved, it is more likely to do that for you.

Saturday, July 23, 2011 8:42 PM
  • Regarding getting a list of current symbols: sunriise might be of help.

. Use sunriise to open your *.mny file

. Export to CSV

. Each table content is exported to an individual file. Find the content for table SEC. Open using Excel

. Find column with symbols, copy the column. Paste into the right place in hleOfxQuote.

You mentioned 100+ stocks, hleOfxQuotes was designed to deal with large number of symbols very efficiently:

. batch multiple symbols into one HTTP call

. multi-threads to perform multiple HTTP calls in parallel

Sunday, July 24, 2011 2:25 AM