AD User Lookups vs. Outlook Contact lookups on incoming calls RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi all,

I am still trying to figure out why Missed Call notifications and Voicemails don't resolve to a caller's AD user name, but do resolve if the caller's phone number is in an Outlook contact.

When an incoming call from an employee rings to a user, the toast popup resolves the callers phone number to one of their numbers stored in AD and displays the caller's name properly . However, the missed call or voicemail notification e-mails generated by Exchange 2007 do not get labeled with the resolved name (instead, "You missed a call from +14255551212"). However, if the same caller # is in the recipient's Outlook Contacts, these e-mail messages do get properly labelled with the caller's name ("You missed a call from John Doe at +14255551212")

Is this the expected functionality? If not, and ideas on how to correct it? We've set up the Company_Phone_Number_Normalization_Rules.txt file entries to normalize AD phone numbers to E.164 format, and the toast notifications indicate that OC has successfully matched the caller ID #s to the AD user's #s, so it doesn't appear to be a normalization issue

Many thanks,

Peter Pawlak

Resolute Solutions

Saturday, January 12, 2008 1:23 AM

All replies

•  

Well, I found the answer on my own and it doesn't have anything to do with the OCS Adress Book. Instead, the caller ID lookup on Missed Call Notifications and Exchange UM Voicemails is handled separately from OCS. Exchange, not OCS, looks up the number passed from the gateway against the user's Exchange/Outlook contacts and against the EUM addresses of user objects in AD.

So, to get Exchange to resolve calls and voicemails from AD users calling from the PSTN, for each AD user object you need to create secondary EUM addresses that map to his/her DID #, mobile #, home#, othertelephone #, etc..

Although you can edit these numbers from the Exchange Management console, you can't create them; instead, you must use the Set-Mailbox command in the Exchange Management Shell to set secondary EUM addresses to match these numbers.

This is really a big pain and cries out for a script (or better yet, a setting that tells Exchange 2007 UM to use the OCS AB files when looking up numbers.

Peter Pawlak
    Resolute Solutions

Monday, January 21, 2008 7:07 PM
  • Same 'problem' here...
    Noone found a solution for this? A Setting/Connector or something for Exchange to lookup the numbers in the OCS AB?

Chris
    Thursday, May 15, 2008 7:53 AM
  •  

I have the same problem
    Can somenoe have a solutions so OCS can show the name of the people like Exchange do.

Acácio

Tuesday, July 8, 2008 10:38 AM