Don't have spaces in the service account passwords RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello:

I just wanted to share a helpful discovery.  At our location an initiative is underway to use passpharses (e.g. "This is my password.") instead of traditional passwords (e.g. "pa$$w0rd").  Well, we found that using a passphrase with the RTCService or RTCComponentService accounts caused the Activation phase of the server deployment process to fail.  Once we removed the spaces from the service account passwords, the activation completed successfully.  You can workaround this issue by running the corresponding Lcscmd.exe /Action:Activate commands manually...but that is a bit of a pain.  Hopefully this will be corrected by the final release.

Regards,

Matt D.

Friday, April 6, 2007 12:46 PM

Answers

• Good to know MattD. Thanks for sharing your experience with the rest.
    Tuesday, April 10, 2007 6:53 AM

All replies

• Good to know MattD. Thanks for sharing your experience with the rest.
    Tuesday, April 10, 2007 6:53 AM
  • Hi All,

By the way, you can't have a " in the password either. This is the OCS 2007 Standard RTM bits... I think this is a bug that should be corrected!

I get all the way through the installation and the wizard says that the installation failed. In the log, it shows successes except for the activate server. I also checked AD and it had failed to create the RTCService and RTCComponentService accounts.

I created them manually, set the password without the " in it and it worked.

Regards,

Matt

Thursday, October 4, 2007 7:07 PM