Trouble with SyncToy v2.0 RRS feed

• Question

• I am using SyncToy to keep ~1.5TB of files in sync between an external drive and a loud server. The server has RAID 5, but it way too loud to run all the time in my studio. I have a 1.5TB drive that I'm trying to use as a mirror of the server when the server has to be off. I'm in the process of transferring files to the external drive and I keep getting the same 2 errors:
    1. When syncing the Fonts directory: "Exception during preview: Not a valid Win32 FileTime. Parameter name: fileTime"; I can simply click OK and it continues to run, but syncToy does not copy ANY of the files in the entire directory (but it continues with other directories)
    2. When syncing the Admin directory, syncToy just hangs on the last file in a directory while "adding action for"; I've deleted that file and it just hangs on the previous file in that directory. According to the progress indicator, this is NOT the last file to be synchronized.
    I have turned on verbose logging, but that seems fairly useless - it just shows each file/directory it's chugged through, but no error codes or descriptions. I'ved done this about a dozen times with no improvement or change in behavior. WRT the 2nd error, it takes SyncToy ~3 hours to get to that point in the process...and then it just hangs. What a PITA.

ANY help would be most appreciated. Thank you.
    Monday, May 4, 2009 9:08 PM