Synchronising contacts RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Can anyone help us overcome a problem with synchronising CRM contacts to Outlook? We've noticed that if, after a previous synchronisation, any contacts are mistakenly deleted or otherwise from within Outlook they will not then be brought back into Outlook by subsequent synchronisations unless the contacts in question are modified in some way in CRM or the User's mail profile is deleted and a new one created. This is probably by design but does anyone know of a way to force the synchronisation of all items without reverting to one of these two 'brutal' methods?

Thanks
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 2:50 PM

All replies

• Hi,

in this case i use 2 littel workflows. The first one change a field in the contact and the second one delete the value of the field.
    Viele Grüße

Michael Sulz
    axcentro GmbH
    MVP für Microsoft Dynamics CRM
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 2:55 PM
  • Ah, interesting, thanks.

<thoughts>
    So, for example, I could create a new contact datetime attribute for this very purpose and then update as and when necessary. That said, is there an 'easy' way to run a workflow across all records - if I remember correctly I am limited to running individual workflows on batches of, say, 250 records retrieved from the advanced find view. I could write some code I suppose...

Also, this might cause me other issues as we audit changes on records and I wouldn't want this change to be captured - have to change audit plug-in...hmm
    </thoughts>

Any other suggestions?
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 3:04 PM