none
PowerShell: Is there any workaround to perform file signing without admin user privilege RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

It works well if powershell open as administrator and command ran onto it to sign file.

Tried several approach to signed file with non-admin but unfortunately not success. It returned as 'file not signed exception' everytime. 

Is there any workaround to perform file signing without admin user privilege. Is it must to have admin permission in order to perform same activity?

Your assistance & guidance would help us to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Anil Gupta

• Moved by Bill_Stewart Tuesday, December 11, 2018 9:19 PM Unanswerable drive-by question
    Wednesday, July 25, 2018 12:54 PM

All replies

• Admin privilege is not required for signing files.  The files must be writable by the user.

\_(ツ)_/

Wednesday, July 25, 2018 1:47 PM
  • Thank you for the quick response, We tried almost everything to achieve the same but result is same.

I would be grateful to you if you light on this as it is crucial part in project.

Is there any configuration or setting required to sign file?

I am eagerly awaiting your response.

Thank You!

Anil 

Wednesday, July 25, 2018 4:27 PM
  • Thank you for the quick response, We tried almost everything to achieve the same but result is same.

I would be grateful to you if you light on this as it is crucial part in project.

Is there any configuration or setting required to sign file?

I am eagerly awaiting your response.

Thank You!

Anil 

I answered the question above.  You have to have write permission on the file and a code signing certificate assigned to the user account.

\_(ツ)_/

Wednesday, July 25, 2018 4:39 PM