none
broken links RRS feed

• General discussion

• Every time I try to visit a Form link I get an error page saying :

The system is temporarily unavailable due to system maintenance. We thank you for your patience and apologize for the incovenience. Please try again later.

the browser also reports "Error 500 - Windows Internet Explorer."

For example if I press the link of the topmost thread in this forum I get a URL in the browser which is: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Error/Error500.aspx?aspxerrorpath=/Forums/AjaxThreadPage.aspx.

Even if I create a new thread entry, I get this same error as soon I click the submit button. If I use BACK and refresh the forum view I can see my entry. But I can never open it or any other form entry.

I'm running on Vista 64 and have tried using both the 64-bit and 32-bit IE browsers. If I use Firefox, everything works as it should. Go figure...

• Edited by ggianop Friday, November 7, 2008 9:36 PM
    Friday, November 7, 2008 9:29 PM

All replies

• 1. Does this happen when signed in? Signed out?
    2. If you copy the link url and paste it in your address bar, does it work or still error out?
    3. Have you tried clearing cookies? Sometimes we get into some weird cookie states with passport.
    Rob J, Forums Dev
    Saturday, November 8, 2008 3:36 AM
  • 1) Yes it happend both signed in and signed out.

2) Yes, when I paste the link into IE I get the same failure (tried both IE 32-bit and 64-bit). But when I paste it into Firefox it works just fine.

3) No, I nearly NEVER clear cookies since MOST cookies are valuable for historic contexts when logging into sites. What cookie domain would I need to clear to erase the passport cookies?

Sunday, November 9, 2008 5:54 AM
  • The cookies would be microsoft.com domain and possible login.live.com.
    Rob J, Forums Dev
    Thursday, November 13, 2008 5:58 PM