Media Collector in WHS only collects media from one PC RRS feed

• Question

• The Media Collector feature in WHS running version 2.5 will only collect the media from my wife's laptop, but leaves the media on my laptop alone, as well as the media on our desktop.  My wife's computer is running Vista Home Premium 64-bit, I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, and the Desktop in Windows XP Home edition. All computers have been updated as far as they can be, as has the server. I have been researching everything I can find on this issue to no avail.  All PC's have connections verified and working for backups, both automatic and manual, and remote access works as well.  All features seem to work fine except the media collector, which is the one I was looking forward to the most, aside from the backups.  I've set the service in Task Manager to run at logon on my laptop, and have ensured that I have an exception listed in Windows Firewall for the Media Manager to run.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  The WHS 2.5 software is running on an HP MediaSmart Server.
    Tuesday, November 17, 2009 12:18 AM

All replies

• The Media Collector feature in WHS running version 2.5 will only collect the media from my wife's laptop, but leaves the media on my laptop alone, as well as the media on our desktop.  My wife's computer is running Vista Home Premium 64-bit, I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, and the Desktop in Windows XP Home edition. All computers have been updated as far as they can be, as has the server. I have been researching everything I can find on this issue to no avail.  All PC's have connections verified and working for backups, both automatic and manual, and remote access works as well.  All features seem to work fine except the media collector, which is the one I was looking forward to the most, aside from the backups.  I've set the service in Task Manager to run at logon on my laptop, and have ensured that I have an exception listed in Windows Firewall for the Media Manager to run.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  The WHS 2.5 software is running on an HP MediaSmart Server.
    For something like that, you should probably contact HP (that app is HP-specific and not part of the MS OS).
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009 2:00 AM
  • How does your laptop connect with your network? If wireless, try a wired connection.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009 6:20 PM