VB 6.0 & MSDN RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed VB 6.0 and the MSDN Library on Windows 8.1. Cannot access MSDN through VB's help system. It just does not see it. 7 or 8 months ago on an identical machine I installed both and worked fine. How can I hook the two of them together so I can have a Help system to go with my VB 6.0? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Bart
    Tuesday, February 4, 2014 3:08 AM

Answers

• VB6 is no longer supported.

Where to post your VB 6 questions

Please BEWARE that I have NO EXPERIENCE and NO EXPERTISE and probably onset of DEMENTIA which may affect my answers! Also, I've been told by an expert, that when you post an image it clutters up the thread and mysteriously, over time, the link to the image will somehow become "unstable" or something to that effect. :) I can only surmise that is due to Global Warming of the threads.

• Marked as answer by Just Karl Friday, August 8, 2014 10:31 PM
    Tuesday, February 4, 2014 3:31 AM
  • Here is what I would do.   Use HyperV and install Windows XP to execute in the virtual machine.  Then install VB6 and Help in this Windows XP VM.  http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/windows-and-office/install-windows-xp-in-windows-8-client-hyper-v/6732/

Dick

Dick Grier. Author of Visual Basic Programmer's Guide to Serial Communications 4. See www.hardandsoftware.net.

• Proposed as answer by Luigi BrunoMVP Thursday, February 6, 2014 11:20 AM
    Thursday, February 6, 2014 1:46 AM

All replies

• VB6 is no longer supported.

Where to post your VB 6 questions

Please BEWARE that I have NO EXPERIENCE and NO EXPERTISE and probably onset of DEMENTIA which may affect my answers! Also, I've been told by an expert, that when you post an image it clutters up the thread and mysteriously, over time, the link to the image will somehow become "unstable" or something to that effect. :) I can only surmise that is due to Global Warming of the threads.

Tuesday, February 4, 2014 3:31 AM
  • Here is what I would do.   Use HyperV and install Windows XP to execute in the virtual machine.  Then install VB6 and Help in this Windows XP VM.  http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/windows-and-office/install-windows-xp-in-windows-8-client-hyper-v/6732/

Dick

Dick Grier. Author of Visual Basic Programmer's Guide to Serial Communications 4. See www.hardandsoftware.net.

• Proposed as answer by Luigi BrunoMVP Thursday, February 6, 2014 11:20 AM
    Thursday, February 6, 2014 1:46 AM
  • Also FYI if I recall correctly October 2001 MSDN Library was the last version to integrate into VB6

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Thursday, February 6, 2014 2:29 AM