none
Visual studio 2017 partial publish failing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am using Visual studio professional 2017 Version 15.1(26403.3) Release.

We have one website of .net framework 3.5. When i try to do 'Publish Web App' option using visual studio 2017 to the corresponding deployed site which is on US server i am getting following exception,

Could not connect to the remote computer ("{server IP}") using the specified process ("Web Management Service") because the server did not respond. Make sure that the process ("Web Management Service") is started on the remote computer.  Learn more at: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=221672#ERROR_COULD_NOT_CONNECT_TO_REMOTESVC.

To solve this i checked following things but still it's not working,

1. Web Management Service is running on the server and my machine also.

2. Firewalls are off on my machine and server also.

3. Web deployment service is also running on server and my machine.

I checked one more thing that when instead of clicking 'Preview' on publish window if i click direct publish then it works but if i preview the files and select some of them and do publish then it fails(partial publish).

Can you please help on this.

Thanks,

Ashvini

• Moved by 宝宝徐 Friday, June 2, 2017 7:43 AM
    Wednesday, May 31, 2017 7:53 AM

All replies

• Hi Ashvini,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

This forum is discussing Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor. You need to ask question in here: https://forums.iis.net/1144.aspx/1?Web+Deployment+Tool+MS+Deploy+

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 1, 2017 5:36 AM