Perfect Disk and WHS RTM RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have PerfectDisk 2008 running on my HP MediaSmart 470 home server. Will this interfere with the installation of the RTM Software? Has anyone tested this?

Thanks for the help.

Sunday, June 8, 2008 3:10 PM

Answers

• I assume you mean the PowerPack software? If so, as the Beta version hasn't yet been released, it's impossible to know how the final version will behave. However, the closed Beta test would have been tested with Perfect Disk so hopefully there will be no problems.

Colin

Sunday, June 8, 2008 4:25 PM
  • The WHS RTM software is available to download from Connect for those people who dont want to test PP1 on their only live installation. This way they can download the software with a "trial" licence, install PP1 and then test it all without risking their live system.

Hope that clarifys things?

Andrew

Sunday, June 8, 2008 6:46 PM

All replies

• I assume you mean the PowerPack software? If so, as the Beta version hasn't yet been released, it's impossible to know how the final version will behave. However, the closed Beta test would have been tested with Perfect Disk so hopefully there will be no problems.

Colin

Sunday, June 8, 2008 4:25 PM
  • Yes. I did mean the PowerPack software. It is a bit confusing. I was informed to download the

Windows Home Server RTM English Version, which I did, but it appears this is different from the PowerPack Beta. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Guy

Sunday, June 8, 2008 4:49 PM
  • The WHS RTM software is available to download from Connect for those people who dont want to test PP1 on their only live installation. This way they can download the software with a "trial" licence, install PP1 and then test it all without risking their live system.

Hope that clarifys things?

Andrew

Sunday, June 8, 2008 6:46 PM
  • Make sense. Thanks for clearing that up.

Sunday, June 8, 2008 6:53 PM