Windows XP Professional RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have Windows XP professionnal 1-2CPu for DELL

I HAVE LOST THE DISK !!

i have the product key on my pc.

How can i load it for install on my latitude Dell, because for moment, i's not install.

Thank's

Vincent godet

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 10:53 AM

Answers

• Vincent35,

Please contact Dell tech support or customer service.  Dell will send you a replacement OS Reinstallation CD for about $15.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 3:07 PM
  • Vincent,

Follow the advice Dan provided. This is a great solution :-).  Contact them @ 1-800- 624-9896 and open a service request with their customer support. Explain your situation and request a replacement of the  Dell Reinstallation Recovery software media. You will be asked for your service tag number of your system. In turn if the machine is still under warrantee you should be eligible for free a replacement copy of the Dell Reinstallation Recovery CDs. Should the machine not be under warrantee there will be a nominal replacement fee as Dan explained.

Have a great day.

Stephen Holm, MS

WGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 11:22 PM

All replies

• Vincent35,

Please contact Dell tech support or customer service.  Dell will send you a replacement OS Reinstallation CD for about $15.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 3:07 PM
  • Vincent,

Follow the advice Dan provided. This is a great solution :-).  Contact them @ 1-800- 624-9896 and open a service request with their customer support. Explain your situation and request a replacement of the  Dell Reinstallation Recovery software media. You will be asked for your service tag number of your system. In turn if the machine is still under warrantee you should be eligible for free a replacement copy of the Dell Reinstallation Recovery CDs. Should the machine not be under warrantee there will be a nominal replacement fee as Dan explained.

Have a great day.

Stephen Holm, MS

WGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 11:22 PM