none
Valid Copy Of XP Won't Validate. RE: Phone Support Case #1051626503 RRS feed

• Question

• RE: Phone support case #1051626503. My XP disk wasn't allowing me to re-install the program after a bad crash on my desktop computer. The technician at phone support figured out a way to start installation with the XP disk that came with my laptop. Then he had me complete installation using the correct XP disk purchased for the desktop, but we found that the desktop's validation key wouldn't work. I tried using the validation key from my laptop XP disk, but that didn't work since it registers as an illegal second installation. The technician told me to wait 25 days and call support again to have them re-validate the desktop's copy of XP. I'm wondering, is there a way to re-validate now, so I don't have to worry about it any more? Meanwhile, Windows is treating me like a trial user instead of a purchaser. I keep geting offers to buy XP. What can I do to re-validate now? Thanks very much.

Thursday, December 6, 2007 9:12 PM

Answers

• I have no idea why my post shows that it was posted by Donald Schmidt. I am R Ostrow, and this is my first post. I don't even know Mr. Schmidt, to whom I offer my apologies, even though I have no explanation for this occurrance.

Thursday, December 6, 2007 9:20 PM