none
how to install vista with dual boot in winxp ? RRS feed

• Question

• i want to know how to instal vista and winxp on the same machine ?

also will i need to change the format of my hdd ? i mean the partition format or what ever it is called. ?

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 1:36 PM

Answers

• start the vista setup from within windows, or insert the vista dvd and boot your pc it from the dvd. it will ask you for further details.

and about the partition format you are talking about, Vista will require NTFS partition to be installed on, it will not install on fat32 file system. You can change the format of your partition to ntfs from the installation of vista itself/.
    Wednesday, February 28, 2007 1:39 PM

All replies

• start the vista setup from within windows, or insert the vista dvd and boot your pc it from the dvd. it will ask you for further details.

and about the partition format you are talking about, Vista will require NTFS partition to be installed on, it will not install on fat32 file system. You can change the format of your partition to ntfs from the installation of vista itself/.
    Wednesday, February 28, 2007 1:39 PM
  • Thanks, i will try it.
    Wednesday, February 28, 2007 1:44 PM
  • If there is any other OS present on Hard Disk, Vista will automatically determine it and make the system available in dual-boot mode.
    Thursday, March 1, 2007 8:56 AM
  • Try what sanket said :) it will help you :)
    Thursday, March 1, 2007 1:24 PM
  • thanks for being in favor with me Smile
    Thursday, March 1, 2007 6:18 PM
  • Team work and co-operation is the major key to success :)
    Friday, March 2, 2007 3:38 AM
  • I do agree with you. Team work and cooperation is the base of success. Smile
    Friday, March 2, 2007 3:50 AM
  • hey m8, lets form up a team, and then try to get point  :) in that way we can earn the points we want faster, and also learn which is the motto of this contest :)
    Friday, March 2, 2007 4:28 AM
  • it is available there in the setup itself...so don choose upgrade OS when it asks for the type of installation...
    Sunday, March 4, 2007 1:33 AM
  • yes try what charles said; )
    Sunday, March 4, 2007 5:14 AM
  • sanket's method is for sure gonna work itz the same old way of keeping dual boot.......
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 3:41 PM
  • have you tried the stuffs that was told in this thread ?

looks like he is on a long vacation :P not marking our posts as answer :P
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 5:53 PM