error msg when status is fair and askes me to configure backup RRS feed

• Question

•  

I keep getting a take action bubble that wants me to configure backup because my status is fair.  When I click on that bubble brings me to windows live screen for me to configure backup, when I try to do so it gives me an error message that says (windows live onecare as encountered an error and will close) after this it locks the other windows live screen where i had to click next and when I close through task master and try to re open I no longer have icon on bottom right screen and when i go to programs to open I get another msg that says (windows live careone can not continue service is not working or has been stopped to correct try restarting computer if problem persists contact support.  )

We have only had this service since dec 4th and am extremely disappointed, can not seem to have luck with this, we do not know much at all about all the technology part of the computer or virus software so is very frustrating, I am concerned my brand new computer is not fully protected.  Please help; cannot call help line was informed they can't help me because of version I have I would have to pay a monthly fee; have not called qwest for help yet but am ready to  or go buy real virus/firewall protection.

I need help!!!

Monday, December 10, 2007 10:58 PM

Answers

• Please contact Qwest, who will escalate to OneCare support if they are unable to help. Alternatively, uninstall OneCare and reinstall it, activating once again with your Qwest ID.

-steve

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 1:50 AM