WHS INstallation Bluescreen 0X0000007B, 0XF789EA94, 0XC0000034 - Medion MS6682 RRS feed

• Question

• I have tried everything to install WHS on my PC without success.
    My Machine is a new Medion MS6682, Motherboard MS-7502, Seagate ES.2 SATA Drive, latest Phoenix Bios, 3GB,
    NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800GT, Intel® Core™ 2 Quad Q6600

I am getting a bluescreen stop upon the second Boot with the error numbers shown above.

The machine has no Floppy Drive.

Can anyone help ?
    • Moved by Ken WarrenModerator Friday, February 26, 2010 1:01 AM installation question (From:Windows Home Server Software)
    Friday, February 8, 2008 3:57 PM

Answers

• Please make sure that you are supplying any required storage drivers at the appropriate times. The first time you will need to supply them is during the initial graphical setup, then you will need them again after the first reboot, at the beginning of text mode setup, at the "Press F6" prompt.
    Friday, February 8, 2008 6:13 PM
  • Try these suggestions:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324103

http://aumha.org/a/stop.php#0x7b

Do you have another hard drive around to try?

Friday, February 15, 2008 5:56 PM
  • You are right, I managed to get into the F6 window by re-formatting and starting over.  The problem I'm having now is once I'm in there, I can get the floppy disk to read (it's a really old floppy), and it verifies that I have the correct driver for my hardware and starts the copy phase, however it's obviously copying the driver across first, but then can't read the disk long enough to copy the .sys file for the raid driver.

I'm going away for the weekend, but next week I'm going to try to find another floppy drive, and maybe some newer disks.

Before I go to the effort of buying legacy hardware, is there a way to get the drivers on there some other way?  I have tried placing them on the root of a USB PEN drive, or in a \Drivers directory on a USB PEN drive.  I have also tried placing them on a CD, and swaping the CD, but the OS doesn't seem to read them.

Is there something else I can try? I assume this is just Windows 2003 Standard server behavior, but I haven't been able to find anything on the Interweb.

Friday, February 15, 2008 9:14 PM
  • Just to close this thread down, once I got a floppy drive that worked, combo'd with a working floppy disk, I was able to load the drivers, and have been lovin' WHS ever since!

Thursday, March 13, 2008 3:05 AM

All replies

• Please make sure that you are supplying any required storage drivers at the appropriate times. The first time you will need to supply them is during the initial graphical setup, then you will need them again after the first reboot, at the beginning of text mode setup, at the "Press F6" prompt.
    Friday, February 8, 2008 6:13 PM
  • Thanks so much for this information. I was giving up on my controller card.

I had installed the software once a few weeks ago, but when I wen to reinstall I kept getting this error.

thanks again for the reply.

-Mike

Thursday, February 14, 2008 4:19 AM
  • Hi Folks,

I provided the drivers for my raid controller in the GUI mode, then I was continuously pressing F6 to provide them again, but still hit the bluescreen before it even prompts me for a location.

Any other suggestions?

Thursday, February 14, 2008 6:44 AM
  • Try these suggestions:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324103

http://aumha.org/a/stop.php#0x7b

Do you have another hard drive around to try?

Friday, February 15, 2008 5:56 PM
  • It might be worthwhile persevering with the F6 option, it appears to be quite problematic insofar as the 'window' to catch the F6 is very small. On one occasion when trying this, it took me something like 6 attempts until I caught it.

Colin 

Friday, February 15, 2008 6:38 PM
  • You are right, I managed to get into the F6 window by re-formatting and starting over.  The problem I'm having now is once I'm in there, I can get the floppy disk to read (it's a really old floppy), and it verifies that I have the correct driver for my hardware and starts the copy phase, however it's obviously copying the driver across first, but then can't read the disk long enough to copy the .sys file for the raid driver.

I'm going away for the weekend, but next week I'm going to try to find another floppy drive, and maybe some newer disks.

Before I go to the effort of buying legacy hardware, is there a way to get the drivers on there some other way?  I have tried placing them on the root of a USB PEN drive, or in a \Drivers directory on a USB PEN drive.  I have also tried placing them on a CD, and swaping the CD, but the OS doesn't seem to read them.

Is there something else I can try? I assume this is just Windows 2003 Standard server behavior, but I haven't been able to find anything on the Interweb.

Friday, February 15, 2008 9:14 PM
  • Just to close this thread down, once I got a floppy drive that worked, combo'd with a working floppy disk, I was able to load the drivers, and have been lovin' WHS ever since!

Thursday, March 13, 2008 3:05 AM
  • Thank you Ken! One would think if you loaded the drivers during the GUI setup you wouldn't need them anymore. I was quite frustrated until I found this post. Now to figure out how to host my home page at the same time as my home server, or even better ON it.
    Thanks again!
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 11:15 PM
  • I changed my laptop BIOS to "COMPATIBILITY MODE" (formerly "AHCPI") for my SATA hard drive and immediately got past this .

Thanks to other WHSers for the tip!

• Proposed as answer by Glen Leslie Saturday, December 11, 2010 1:38 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Glen Leslie Saturday, December 11, 2010 1:38 AM
    • Edited by Glen Leslie Monday, December 27, 2010 8:05 PM misspellings
    Saturday, December 11, 2010 1:37 AM
  • bios tip did the trick for me, read it somewhere in the initial install screen and thought nothing of it, blue screen came up and instilled a blonde moment.  thanks for the elbow
    Monday, December 20, 2010 8:15 PM
  • bios worked for me as well. using a hp prliant microserver n36 l or something. change ahci to sata in bios options

• Proposed as answer by Pradeep_R Thursday, May 5, 2011 3:17 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Pradeep_R Thursday, May 5, 2011 3:17 AM
    Monday, December 27, 2010 7:52 PM
  • If anyone has issues with Dell Poweredge series with HDD Controller (SCSI/RAID) you can try the following driver link :

Forr all version of WHS :

http://www.lsi.com/storage_home/products_home/standard_product_ics/sas_ics/lsisas1068/index.html?remote=1&locale=EN

For WHS 2003 :

http://www.lsi.com/lookup/License.aspx?url=/DistributionSystem/User/AssetMgr.aspx?asset=52210&prodName=LSISAS1068&subType=Driver&locale=EN

Supported Devices :

LSI = "LSI Corporation"
    DELL = "Dell Inc."
    DiskDesc = "LSI PCI Fusion-MPT SAS Driver Install Disk (StorPort)"
    DevDesc8 = "LSI Adapter, SAS 3000 series, 4-port with 1064 -StorPort"
    DevDesc9 = "LSI Adapter, SAS 3000 series, 8-port with 1068 -StorPort"
    DevDesc10 = "LSI Adapter, SAS 3000 series, 8-port with 1068E -StorPort"
    DevDesc11 = "LSI Adapter, SAS 3000 series, 4-port with 1064E -StorPort"
    DevDesc12 = "LSI Adapter, SAS RAID-on-Chip, 8-port with 1078 -StorPort"
    DevDescD1 = "Dell SAS 5/E Adapter Controller"
    DevDescD3 = "Dell SAS 5/i Integrated Controller"
    DevDescD4 = "Dell SAS 5/iR Integrated Controller"
    DevDescD5 = "Dell SAS 5/iR Integrated Controller"
    DevDescD6 = "Dell SAS 5/iR Adapter Controller"
    DevDescD7 = "Dell SAS 6/iR Adapter Controller"
    DevDescD8 = "Dell SAS 6/iR Integrated Blades Controller"
    DevDescD9 = "Dell SAS 6/iR Integrated Controller"
    DevDescD10 = "Dell SAS 6/iR Integrated Workstation Controller"

Regards,

Pradeep R

Thursday, May 5, 2011 3:22 AM
  • This worked for me.

I changed the ATA mode to IDE and it then worked.

Hope this helps.

Thursday, July 30, 2015 8:01 AM