[CRM 2011] Linking new e-mail activities to existing Cases with Plugin RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a requirement to link new emails to existing cases, what is the best way to go about doing this?  I would have cases with titles in a specific format (e.g. "Work Order 00001", "Work Order 00002", etc.) and new emails coming in through Outlook with subjects having the same text in the subject.  I would like to match the email subject text with the Case titles, and set the emails to regard to the cases (using the regarding field on the emails).

What is the best way to go about doing this?  I've tried to do this using a workflow but I couldn't figure out how to match the email subjects with the case titles to find the right records for the linkage.  I am considering using a plug-in for this purpose but not sure how to set this up (Pre / Post operation, Synchronous / Async, etc.)

Can anyone give me some pointers on where to start?

Thanks!

Thursday, October 24, 2013 4:24 PM

All replies

• If you are certain that email subject and case title are same then use Regular Expression in custom workflow to match them.

CodePlex has some example for how to use Regex in custom workflow activity. Follow the links

https://manipulationlibrary.codeplex.com/

Prefer to use Workflow over Plugin.

Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

• Proposed as answer by Litonn Thursday, October 24, 2013 4:49 PM
    Thursday, October 24, 2013 4:49 PM