WHS backup of PC with larger partition RRS feed

• Question

• I recently resized the boot partition on one of my Vista 32Bit PCs, from 39Gb to 54Gb.  WHS recognized the change and requested that I rerun Backup Setup which I did.  The setup wizard showed both old C:\ partition and new larger C:\ Partition.  I selected the new larger partition and backup ran just fine.

My question is this. Should I leave things the way they are and let WHS keep track of things or should I delete this PC from WHS, uninstall the connector software and reinstall it as if it is a new PC?  Is there any advantage either way?  I doubt that I would revert back to the smaller boot partition and yes I accept the fact that I will lose all the older backups.

Thank you,
    Larry

Monday, June 2, 2008 8:11 PM

Answers

• You should be fine either way. Just do what feels best for you. To make sure backups are really OK if you decide to keep things as they are please try opening the most recent backup.

Tuesday, June 3, 2008 10:16 AM
  • Thank you for the input.  I did try opening the most recent backup and all is good.
    Larry

Tuesday, June 3, 2008 11:19 AM

All replies

• You should be fine either way. Just do what feels best for you. To make sure backups are really OK if you decide to keep things as they are please try opening the most recent backup.

Tuesday, June 3, 2008 10:16 AM
  • Thank you for the input.  I did try opening the most recent backup and all is good.
    Larry

Tuesday, June 3, 2008 11:19 AM