WHS Web Home Page - external - slow picture downloads stopping page load RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I must be missing something - i have setup remote access on my newly rebuilt WHS and am getting some very strange behavour

If i test the site internally e.g. localhost then the external remote access pages work fine i.e. the landing page and the remote access login page

if it try externally, the pages appear partially but get stuck downloading the png images - i_Qlogo_r.png and i_landingpage_main.png essentially they will sit for many minutes with the occational extra line of pixels appearing - have tried different images (renamed) with the same results

Any ideas what is causing this - have tried manual and automatic (Upnp) configuring of the router - makes no differeence and have tried three different browsers with very limited difference

is there something in iis that could be doing this or possibly the whs firewall? - both look ok to me - have experience setting up iis etc on other servers

also before i rebuilt the server it did work under pp1 - currently pp2 and all latest patches etc - home build WHS but same hardware as previous install just changed the disks to bigger ones.

any ideas would be great as spent 4 hours going round in circles - i have searched for similar problems but nothing appears to have come up before along these lines

Cheers

Tim
    8 pata, 3 sata, 2tb storage, 2 pci controller cards for pata, 2gig ram - home bake system
    Monday, June 29, 2009 9:30 PM

All replies

• Hi

I must be missing something - i have setup remote access on my newly rebuilt WHS and am getting some very strange behavour

If i test the site internally e.g. localhost then the external remote access pages work fine i.e. the landing page and the remote access login page

if it try externally, the pages appear partially but get stuck downloading the png images - i_Qlogo_r.png and i_landingpage_main.png essentially they will sit for many minutes with the occational extra line of pixels appearing - have tried different images (renamed) with the same results

Any ideas what is causing this - have tried manual and automatic (Upnp) configuring of the router - makes no differeence and have tried three different browsers with very limited difference

is there something in iis that could be doing this or possibly the whs firewall? - both look ok to me - have experience setting up iis etc on other servers

also before i rebuilt the server it did work under pp1 - currently pp2 and all latest patches etc - home build WHS but same hardware as previous install just changed the disks to bigger ones.

any ideas would be great as spent 4 hours going round in circles - i have searched for similar problems but nothing appears to have come up before along these lines

Cheers

Tim
    8 pata, 3 sata, 2tb storage, 2 pci controller cards for pata, 2gig ram - home bake system

It might be your NIC driver, or it could be your ISP is throttling down your upload speeds.
    Tuesday, June 30, 2009 1:22 AM
  • kariya21

dont think its my isp but will set up a test site on another pc to see

as for NIC i have a second one in the server which is disable of a different type and will try that as well

not that hopeful on either but we will see

Tim
    2 pata, 4 sata, 4.4tb storage, 2gig ram - home bake system
    Tuesday, June 30, 2009 3:35 PM