Excel and CRM as External Data Source RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Using CRM 4 I have run an advanced query which I have output the results to in a dynamic spreadsheet. This seems to work really well.

However here is my problem.

The data from the CRM when refreshed cause a problem with the data I have manually entered.

EG: Row contains data from CRM: Name, Phone, Email etc

I add other values to additional columns to extend the data in that row.

Whenever I "Refresh from CRM" the data updates and if there have been any new entries the data is moved down, but my manually added data does not get shifted, putting it all out of alignment.

I hope my explanation makes sense. Let me know if not and I will have another go at it.

Anyway, how do I make it so that refreshing the CRM data will insert new data as entire rows moving my data down with the row it was added to.

Not sure if this is a CRM or Excel question.

Thanks,

Monday, September 8, 2008 3:25 AM

Answers

• The refresh will not adjust the order of your column as it will only change the results of the query. You have a couple of options as I see it. The first would be to put the data into CRM and make the column part of the export. The second would be to identify a unique column, export this into one sheet, delete the query to preserve the values and enter your new values with it, then, on another sheet do the export as you're doing now with a new 'vlookup' column pointing to the other worksheet.

Leon Tribe
    Monday, September 8, 2008 5:51 AM