incomplete data RRS feed

• Question

• I just checked my publication list and citations on Microsoft Research and there were major problems. First, it has me listed as being in cardiology and oncology, which is far from the case. I am a statistician. Back in the 1990s. I co-authored 15 medical journals where I wrote the statistical methods section for them, but nothing since.  Microsoft research also displays very few of my publications and citations. Google Scholar, for example has my citations as: "Citations all: 3156 since 2009: 2362". But they have not picked up a number of recent ones, or any prior to 1995. ResearchGate shows that I have 179 publications, and Google a bit more, but I think I have been credited for only a dozen or so with Microsoft -- as a cardiologist! I have more published books in statistics (16) than Microsoft credits me for journal articles.  I suspect that if they have my stats so mistaken that others will likewise have incorrect or incomplete information as well. Any suggestions will be appreciated. I did not find an email address to contact someone who is responsible correcting errors at Microsoft Research.  Joseph Hilbe

Monday, November 10, 2014 8:40 PM

Answers

• Hello Joseph,

You can sign in to your account and make updates to your profile and publication list at any time. To do this, from your profile, click the Edit button to the right of your name. From there you will see the sign in screen.

If you need any assistance with the editing process, please feel free to send us an email at acadfb@Microsoft.com and we'd be happy to help.

Best Regards,

Thomas

Thomas, Academic Search Editor

Monday, December 15, 2014 4:52 PM

All replies

• Hello Joseph,

You can sign in to your account and make updates to your profile and publication list at any time. To do this, from your profile, click the Edit button to the right of your name. From there you will see the sign in screen.

If you need any assistance with the editing process, please feel free to send us an email at acadfb@Microsoft.com and we'd be happy to help.

Best Regards,

Thomas

Thomas, Academic Search Editor

Monday, December 15, 2014 4:52 PM
  • From the look of it MS has abandoned this product. You can see how rarely they update it.. Its not a big product but still for last 3 years they have done no update.

You can read the blog below to see for your own self

http://blogs.nature.com/news/2014/05/the-decline-and-fall-of-microsoft-academic-search.html

Wednesday, January 21, 2015 8:31 AM