Power Pack 1 and older Updates. RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi Guys,

This maybe a silly question, but I thought I'd ask anyway. 

After Re-Installing my WHS, I run Windows Update, and noticed that KB941914 and KB946146 were listed but not KB944289 [Power Pack 1]

As i've already downloaded Power Pack 1, should I just install that and not bother with the two older updates. ?

Or does WHS need all three. ?
    Saturday, August 9, 2008 5:52 PM

Answers

• No such thing as a silly question - can't say the same about the answers though!

You will need to install all the updates including PP1. The reason you don't see PP1 is because it isn't on the Auto-Update site for the next few days, whereas your others have been there for some time.

You can install PP1 from the copy you downloaded, after installing the others, or wait for the update later this month.

Colin

Saturday, August 9, 2008 6:04 PM
  •  S-Puppy wrote:
    Hi Guys,

After Re-Installing my WHS, I run Windows Update, and noticed that KB941914 and KB946146 were listed but not KB944289 [Power Pack 1]

That's correct.  Power Pack 1 will not be available through Windows Update until Tuesday.

S-Puppy wrote:
    As i've already downloaded Power Pack 1, should I just install that and not bother with the two older updates. ?

PP1 is supposed to install everything up until this point.  Having said that, if it was me, I'd still install the 2 updates from WU first, reboot the server, then install PP1 afterwards (just to be safe).

S-Puppy wrote:

Saturday, August 9, 2008 6:06 PM

All replies

• No such thing as a silly question - can't say the same about the answers though!

You will need to install all the updates including PP1. The reason you don't see PP1 is because it isn't on the Auto-Update site for the next few days, whereas your others have been there for some time.

You can install PP1 from the copy you downloaded, after installing the others, or wait for the update later this month.

Colin

Saturday, August 9, 2008 6:04 PM
  •  S-Puppy wrote:
    Hi Guys,

That's correct.  Power Pack 1 will not be available through Windows Update until Tuesday.

S-Puppy wrote:

PP1 is supposed to install everything up until this point.  Having said that, if it was me, I'd still install the 2 updates from WU first, reboot the server, then install PP1 afterwards (just to be safe).

S-Puppy wrote:

Saturday, August 9, 2008 6:06 PM
  • Thanks for the reply's Guys,

I'm sure I read/herd somewhere that 'Power Pack 1' was a 'Service Pack' but with extra features.

Hence I was wondering if you needed the older Updates.

But, as I've just found out...

It will integrate just like a service pack but the install keeps erroring out, with loads of files missing.

So i'll stick with the safe sound basic install, then updates and lastly Power Pack 1.   

Saturday, August 9, 2008 7:37 PM