cant access website made on home server locally, but can from remote internet computers RRS feed

• Question

• hi i set up on my windows home server box a website,  and i set up dns services too,  but i cant get local computers on the website to hit my web address that points to the server box  to display the website,  but if someone else from there internet connection conects to the web address sure it shows the but not on the current local network  what is setup wrong that it wont transfer the local website stuff?
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 4:48 AM

Answers

All replies

• Probably your router doesn't support NAT loopback (or it's disabled). To access server web page from LAN go to http://yourservername. If you don't like this there's a number of ways to solve this
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 8:48 AM
  • ok ill check it out,  i figured a dlink router would allow this i had one for the gf a cheaper dlink i bought 4 months got allows that but the one i got my sister the DR-615 with dual antennnas giving me hastle  but ill look for hte nat loopback and stufff

thanks
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 12:54 PM
  • dir-615 is the router
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 12:54 PM
  • so i retested  now considering i have 4 different websites including the WHS website they all point to port 80    now  if i type in http://servername then i can access it locally but that takes me to the home page of the whs  but i wanna be able to access the others as i tried the other stuff and got confused with the first section in the article.  but i even did http://servername:1234  and added an extra port in for the wesbsite  of 1234  but that didnt work either   so i stumped
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 1:52 PM
  • i did find this
        <input id="udp_nat_type" checked="checked" name="udp_nat_type" type="radio" value="1" />  Endpoint Independent
    UDP Endpoint Filtering:   <input id="udp_nat_type" name="udp_nat_type" type="radio" value="2" />  Address Restricted
        <input id="udp_nat_type" name="udp_nat_type" type="radio" value="0" />  Port And Address Restricted

<input id="tcp_nat_type" checked="checked" name="tcp_nat_type" type="radio" value="1" />  Endpoint Independent
    TCP Endpoint Filtering:   <input id="tcp_nat_type" name="tcp_nat_type" type="radio" value="2" />  Address Restricted
        <input id="tcp_nat_type" name="tcp_nat_type" type="radio" value="0" />  Port And Address Restricted

i set them both ti endpoint idependent    said under nat  but i dunno i cant find any info  on this
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 1:55 PM
  • now things really messed up i see it didnt show 

but i had my server on a dmz   now i figured thats the problem maybe its outside the network stuff so i put it in and put virtual and port forwarding to the server at port 80

yet now  i cant access my website either internally or externtally from remote computers  gets worse lol

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 2:09 PM
  • ok finnally got it to work in the end  even though i had entered them in  u had to click the check box, but i did that before but what i found is u cant click the check box beside the port forwarding u did u had to create the port forwarding to my server and port 80 click save wait 15 seconds while it reboots and saves the router then go back check off the check box and then click save again   found it by acident  then the check box stays checked and what not

thanks for the help
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 2:18 PM