File Conflict RRS feed

• Question

• I have a HDD that needs removing an in trying to do so I get a message saying that there is space to remove the drive and when I go through the motions of removing it, it says there are file conflicts and shows files that are open, the files are not open as they have been deleted?? any ideas?
    Saturday, October 24, 2009 2:55 PM

All replies

• Just to add to this it says that its the shared files that are open:- All the PCs on my network are off other than the one I am trying to use the WHS console on to remove the drive.
    Saturday, October 24, 2009 3:04 PM
  • Sorry about all the posts
    It says the files are located in c:\fs\J\DE\shares\misc then the name of the files (4 in total)
    I removed this folder/files earlier in the day from my 'misc' shared folder I created as I no longer needed the files..
    Saturday, October 24, 2009 3:39 PM
  • I have a HDD that needs removing an in trying to do so I get a message saying that there is space to remove the drive and when I go through the motions of removing it, it says there are file conflicts and shows files that are open, the files are not open as they have been deleted?? any ideas?

Did you try rebooting the server?
    Saturday, October 24, 2009 10:05 PM
  • yes and still no joy
    Sunday, October 25, 2009 7:59 AM
  • yes and still no joy
    Can you please post the exact error message you're seeing (or, even better, take a pic of the error, post it on a hosted pic website, then post the link to it here)?
    Sunday, October 25, 2009 8:07 PM
  • You may be able to use Unlocker to close any open files
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 9:14 PM