Question on CRM 2015 on-premise features (U.K. version) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Does the new on premise version of the CRM 2015 come with an in-built Marketing system which records delivery stats such as email opens, click thrus etc. or is this somthing contained in a plug-in or something you have to subscribe to? I ask because we are about to install a third party email marketing system into CRM and I can't see how the CRM 2015 can capture this level of detail unless Microsoft were sending the emails on our behalf through some sort of cloud service? We currently use CRM 2011 and i do recall that landing pages were available in the US on-premise version but not the UK on-premise version so I am aware that differences can exist between versions.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

David

David Kelly

Friday, February 27, 2015 4:14 PM

Answers

• No, that is a separate product called Dynamics Marketing.  It's not part of CRM.  You can add tools like ClickDimensions to CRM to handle that for you if you as well.

also, landing pages have been entirely removed form Dynamics CRM.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

• Proposed as answer by Wayne Walton Friday, February 27, 2015 5:08 PM
    • Marked as answer by David J Kelly Tuesday, March 3, 2015 2:50 PM
    Friday, February 27, 2015 5:08 PM

All replies

• No, that is a separate product called Dynamics Marketing.  It's not part of CRM.  You can add tools like ClickDimensions to CRM to handle that for you if you as well.

also, landing pages have been entirely removed form Dynamics CRM.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

• Proposed as answer by Wayne Walton Friday, February 27, 2015 5:08 PM
    • Marked as answer by David J Kelly Tuesday, March 3, 2015 2:50 PM
    Friday, February 27, 2015 5:08 PM
  • Thanks Wayne. This wasn't apparent to me. Thanks for clarifying though.

Cheers
    Dave

David Kelly

Tuesday, March 3, 2015 2:51 PM