Setting up email router for multi tenants RRS feed

• Question

• CRM 4.0 Rollup 11

I have a 2 tenant installation of onsite CRM 4.0.  One tenant is already using email and is set up in the CRM Email Router, all is working great.  I now have a requirement for the other tenant to use CRM email.  It appears that all that is needed is to click ADD in the email router to set up the second tenant.

Does anyone know of anything to be aware of?  Anything to watch?  Will adding the second tenant crash it all?  Anyone have any experience with this?  All comments are welcome.

My test environments do not have an exchange server, so I can't test this - it has to go straight into production.

Thanks!

Friday, September 21, 2012 6:50 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Adding second tenant to an email router should be straight forward. It will not crash and will not effect your first tenant. Go ahead and add your new tenant. Add discovery service URL, select incoming and outgoing profiles and enable the new tenant deployment. If you are using the same email server and same CRM server then you don't need to create new incoming and outgoing profiles. You just need to select them when you create a new deployment in 2nd Tab of email router manager. Here is a how to add new tenant in Email Router 

Best of Luck !!!!

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful" Thanks, Imran Abbasi

• Proposed as answer by Imran I Abbasi Saturday, September 22, 2012 2:45 PM
    • Marked as answer by lifeIsPunny Monday, September 24, 2012 12:02 PM
    Saturday, September 22, 2012 2:45 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Adding second tenant to an email router should be straight forward. It will not crash and will not effect your first tenant. Go ahead and add your new tenant. Add discovery service URL, select incoming and outgoing profiles and enable the new tenant deployment. If you are using the same email server and same CRM server then you don't need to create new incoming and outgoing profiles. You just need to select them when you create a new deployment in 2nd Tab of email router manager. Here is a how to add new tenant in Email Router 

Best of Luck !!!!

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful" Thanks, Imran Abbasi

• Proposed as answer by Imran I Abbasi Saturday, September 22, 2012 2:45 PM
    • Marked as answer by lifeIsPunny Monday, September 24, 2012 12:02 PM
    Saturday, September 22, 2012 2:45 PM
  • Thank you!
    Monday, September 24, 2012 12:03 PM