none
Second Shot Voucher Code Validation RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

Sorry if this is a repost, just had a quick question.

When I am registering for my 70-680 test via Prometric.com, I am trying to apply my Second Shot voucher. Once I am at the voucher number or promotion code site. I choose Voucher Number as my discount type and on the right hand side type in my Voucher Number. Lastly clicking the Validate button. This will take me straight back to the main registration ( which is fine ). What I don't understand is if this site actually took my code, theres no indication saying it has been applied or that my code has failed. I don't want to purchase my test without knowing for sure if my voucher actually took.

Any ideas or information in regards to this?

Thanks,

David

Thursday, October 18, 2012 8:09 PM

Answers

• The site is not very user friendly however from personal experience if a code is invalid, you're told it's an invalid code.  If in doubt, take a screen shot of entering the code and keep for your own records :-)

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

• Proposed as answer by tooleyrose Sunday, October 21, 2012 9:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by Horizon_NetEditor Thursday, October 25, 2012 8:20 PM
    Thursday, October 18, 2012 10:17 PM

All replies

• The site is not very user friendly however from personal experience if a code is invalid, you're told it's an invalid code.  If in doubt, take a screen shot of entering the code and keep for your own records :-)

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

• Proposed as answer by tooleyrose Sunday, October 21, 2012 9:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by Horizon_NetEditor Thursday, October 25, 2012 8:20 PM
    Thursday, October 18, 2012 10:17 PM
  • The same thing happened to me when I enrolled.  Once I tried to enroll in the second exam, the folks at Prometric said I did not sign up with the voucher, and there was nothing they could do about it.  I was on hold for hours, spent hours more on the line with less than nice customer "care" techs, and appear to be out the cost of two exams instead of one.  When I first called to question, the Tech told me I could not sign up online with the voucher, it had to be done over the phone.  Then he said I had used it on a different exam, which was incorrect.  Finally, he said I did not use it when I signed up, therefore it was my fault.  Not only is the process inadequate, the website is one of the worst I've ever dealt with, and the people that are supposed to help don't even know what they're talking about.  If I didn't have to have this Cert for my job, I would never deal with these people again.
    Monday, December 3, 2012 8:17 PM