none
Unable to access login.live.com with Firefox 7.0.1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

The title says it all really.

login.live.com doesn't open in Firefox 7.0.1.

Unable to connect       

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at login.live.com.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
        moments.
      If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
        connection.
      If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
        that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Thought my access might have been blocked but able to access and login with Internet Explorer 8.0.6

"The programmer, like the poet, works only slightly removed from pure thought-stuff. He builds his castles in the air, from air, creating by exertion of the imagination." - Fred Brooks
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 7:27 AM

Answers

• Hi, yes I still have the problem. I don't use any email with my Live ID.

I will try again at home and see if it's something that only happens because I'm sitting on a companys network.

"The programmer, like the poet, works only slightly removed from pure thought-stuff. He builds his castles in the air, from air, creating by exertion of the imagination." - Fred Brooks
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 7:20 AM

I will try again at home and see if it's something that only happens because I'm sitting on a companys network.

Good idea.

Also what email do you use for your Live ID? You mentioned not Hotmail. Is it a work email or another service (like gmail)? Can you log into that email okay?

Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 9:49 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Do you get this when signing in? When you create a live account? Both? Can you log into hotmail ok?
    Community Forums Program Manager
    Friday, October 21, 2011 10:11 PM
    Answerer
  • When I try to sign in to ...

https://login.live.com/

... I don't use hotmail.

Monday, October 24, 2011 7:04 AM
  • When I try to sign in to ...

https://login.live.com/

... I don't use hotmail.

Do you still have this problem?

What email type do you use with your Live ID?

Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)
    Monday, October 24, 2011 7:27 PM
    Owner

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 7:20 AM

Good idea.

Also what email do you use for your Live ID? You mentioned not Hotmail. Is it a work email or another service (like gmail)? Can you log into that email okay?

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 9:49 PM
    Owner