Windows 8 App to WP8 RRS feed

• Question

• I understand that this might not be the right forum.  I checked the links in http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winappswithcsharp/thread/2db5ddd8-1baa-4323-9ebb-37464584880c, which lead me to the Developing for WP forum, but there is a thread that says not to ask about WP8.  It directs you to use the "Offtopic" forum, which I could not find.  If a moderator happens to know where this belongs, please move it accordingly.

As for my question, I am not new to developing, but am new to VS2012 and Windows 8 Apps.  I am starting with a personal project that involves writing a metro app that will access a website, and I would eventually like it to work on WP8 (maybe WP7 too, I guess).  Is there anything I need to be aware of when developing my app, knowing I want it to also work on WP?  Or will I have to rewrite the interface completely (the code itself will likely be pretty similar, I think) when I am ready for that step?

Any guidance is appreciated.  And in case it matters, I am writing it in VB.

Friday, August 31, 2012 3:58 PM

Answers

• There isn't any information released about WP8.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

• Marked as answer by dgjohnson Friday, August 31, 2012 4:19 PM
    Friday, August 31, 2012 4:15 PM

All replies

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

• Marked as answer by dgjohnson Friday, August 31, 2012 4:19 PM
    Friday, August 31, 2012 4:15 PM
    Well, that certainly explains why it was so hard to find any kind of answer to this...
    • Edited by dgjohnson Friday, August 31, 2012 4:19 PM
    Friday, August 31, 2012 4:19 PM