Distribution list RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to use exchange 2003 distribution list in Communicator 2007 but I didn't succeed. Do I need to use Exchange 2007 in order to see the distribution list in Communicator?

Regards

Sylvain

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 3:48 PM

Answers

• The distribution list are working well now. In fact I need to put the short name of the list instead of the complete address.

Just a remark, it's quite long to have the list available to the users after the creation.

Thursday, July 12, 2007 12:20 PM

All replies

• Exchange 2007 is not required for DL group expansion.  You do have to make sure you have a Web Component Server up and functioning properly.  I would run the validation wizard and check the GroupExpansion section to see if you get any failures.

·         An ASP.NET application running on top of IIS is used for the Group Expansion Web Service, which enables Communicator to expand distribution groups for purposes of group IM.

So you have to make sure you can get to the URL that you will find in the Web Component Properties under the Group Expansion Tab.

Louis H

Thursday, May 24, 2007 8:43 PM
  • In the validation wizard everything seems good for the web component server. My problem is that I cannot see the groups in the communicator interface.

Maybe the group is badly created or there is a manipulation in AD to enable the group in MOCS?

Tuesday, May 29, 2007 12:59 PM
  • How many users are in the group because the default max is 100?

Louis  H

Thursday, May 31, 2007 8:55 PM
  • 5 users. But I cannot see the group in mocs. It's not an expansion problem (for the moment...)
    Friday, June 1, 2007 7:19 AM
  • Are you adding the group via add contact wizard or trying to search for the group using the address book server?  Also do you have any problem sending email to the group if not you should be able to see it?

Louis H

Tuesday, June 5, 2007 11:59 PM
  • I do both but nothing works. Quite strange. I will install everything again.

Thanks.

Sylvain

Monday, June 11, 2007 12:31 PM
  • Hi Sylvain,

Can you let us know how your reinstall went? Do you have the same issue? Please let us know.

Monday, June 25, 2007 10:04 PM
  • Always the same problem. Maybe the distribution list is badly created, but it is working fine for the mail...
    Monday, July 2, 2007 1:45 PM
  • The distribution list are working well now. In fact I need to put the short name of the list instead of the complete address.

Just a remark, it's quite long to have the list available to the users after the creation.

Thursday, July 12, 2007 12:20 PM