Time to take action against bad indexing. RRS feed

• Question

•  

For more than a year Live has completly messed up indexing of sites, when you post on here they reply with answers making out its the webmasters at fault.

When the truth is their system is at fault.

Time to say no more, I suggest webmasters give Live until 1st january 2009 to sort this problem out or we take mass action and block live and MSN crawlers from our sites.

They need us more than we need them with no sites to crawl they have no business. 

Thursday, November 20, 2008 12:54 AM

Answers

• Hi Alray,

I believe their is another thread regarding your site. I will post to it if you don't mind.

Thanks,

Brett

Friday, November 21, 2008 8:55 PM

All replies

•  

Hi Alray,

Sorry that you are feeling this way. I don't believe I've spoken with you before. Is there anything I can help you with?

Brett

Thursday, November 20, 2008 2:22 AM
  • I work for a very big company as a webmaster, they own 5 sites the main one being www.bgstores.co.uk on google that site has over 6,000 pages indexed on yahoo it has over 14,000 pages on live it has just 108.

The our other web sites do even worse, we have submitted site maps and submitted our domains to live in the past, but our web team is now under instructions from the managment not to waste time doing any work for Live or MSN Search. Our 2 newist sites have not even been submitted to live we consider it a waste of time.

In a meeting with many webmasters yesterday we spoke about a boycot of live seach and agreed we would give you untill the start of next year to get your problems sorted, if it was not fixed by then we will block your crawlers.

This indexing problem is not just for us you only have to read this forum and you can see it is a major problem that Live seach has not fixed. 

Thursday, November 20, 2008 2:53 AM
  • Hi Alray,

I believe their is another thread regarding your site. I will post to it if you don't mind.

Thanks,

Brett

Friday, November 21, 2008 8:55 PM
  • OK I await the reply. be warned i don't except fob offs

Friday, November 21, 2008 9:06 PM